'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

new pieces

I am trying to convince myself to type something to the effect that this has been a challenging week when actually the week has sucked.  Big time.  Monsoon rains and a root canal.  The highlight of the week was discovering a new app to go along with PhotoToaster - TitleFx.  Now I can put watermarks on my photos with my business name.  I have the idea that this makes them look more professional.  Not like I took them on my old picnic table with the cheapest digital camera Costco had.  At least, I think so.







These two are pretty normal for me, but then I did this one -





The challenge with this one was putting it together so that the wearer could still open the ghau amulet box to put some keepsake or affirmation in.  The solution I came up with was to use a vintage lanyard clasp.  I think I may have grunged up the faux cinnabar bead and green Tara on the ghau amulet a little too much.  When I see it, I want to run it under the faucet.

I'm working on re-doing a neckace display bust I got half off at Michael's.  Some of the necklaces really need to be photographed on a neck, real or otherwise, and believe me, nobody wants to see my neck.  NObody.

(See the watermarks?  Is that cool or what?)

4 comments:

Shel said...

Love the new pieces and yes, I too like the watermark - it does make photos look more professional (in my opinion, anyway!).

Maggie Zee said...

Yeah! Thanks Shel!

Unknown said...

I know it's been awhile since you wrote this, but it's new to me :) You take FANTASTIC photos of AWESOME jewelry! The watermarks do make your photos look professional. LOVE your work!

Unknown said...

I know it's been awhile since you wrote this, but it's new to me :) You take FANTASTIC photos of AWESOME jewelry! The watermarks do make your photos look professional. LOVE your work!