'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

guilt tripping ...

It's Spring on the Piedmont Plateau.  It was still very much Winter when I left New York nearly a month ago and although I wouldn't miss waking up to my 13 week old granddaughter's smiling little face and spending weekends with my other grandchildren for anything, I do wish sometimes that I knew the secret of being in two places at once.  I dream at night about the roof of my house on Long Island collapsing and of huge sinkholes opening up and swallowing the laundry room.  My daughter and I try out fabulous new recipes that we find on Pinterest and my husband at home is surviving on Costco rotisserie chickens.

The trick, I think, is just to live in the moment (as I was typing this, I wrote "love" instead of "live" and that's right too I suppose).  Be here now.  And so I am.

I've managed to get some new pieces photographed, using a wonderful rusty gas grill side tray as a background and I'll try to get them listed on Etsy tomorrow.  Meanwhile, here's a preview:








5 comments:

PipnMolly said...

gorgeous !! Love the rusty backdrop too.

Gayle said...

I love every one of these!

Shel said...

These are all super cool. I'm especially taken w/the last one! I imagine it is hard to live in the moment when you have little G-babies that you're missing!! :-)

StaroftheEast said...

Gorgeous pieces!

artsychick said...

Just gorgeous work! I found you through Pinterest and your Flickr stream and have thoroughly enjoyed looking at your creative pieces. Keep creating always...
Peace to your heart,
Sara