'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Thursday, December 18, 2014

millimeters

I am metrically challenged.  I'm ashamed to admit it, but it's true.  From many years of cutting fabric freehand for my art quilts, I am very good with inches, but millimeters?  Not so much.  And centimeters?  Fuhgiddiboudit. Even though I have a lovely little brass caliper to check measurements, I am frequently surprised when I get something that I bought on line.


I bought the Chinese coin at the center of this piece on Ebay a while back and did not expect it to be so big.  It's supposed to be an antique bronze coin from the Song Dynasty, but I'm skeptical.   I thought it might be too big and too heavy for a necklace, but I've decided that it's perfect for a ceremonial piece.  I would be proud to lead a ritual wearing this.





And a couple of pair of earrngs.  The first with smokey quartz and blue kyanite, which I love, and the second with faux ivory antler tips, rutilated quartz, and my homage to DNA.  I love DNA too.






Post a Comment