'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

doldrums ...

The creative side of my brain has left on its summer holiday and, as usual, has forgotten to take the rest of me with it.  So here I am, looking for inspiration once more, cleaning my cramped work space in the hope that the need to put a few different pieces together will eventually overcome the summer doldrums.

But since I have no new pieces to share with you, I would like to share that one of my favorite books, Native Funk and Flash, is back in print after many many years,


My original copy from 1974 is stained and worn but I still get inspired by the work of the San Francisco artists who light up its pages.  If you want some real hippie, boho, tribal, gypsy vibe - check it out.

Peace, man.



2 comments:

Gayle said...

Yup, my copy is pretty banged up as well, and I still get it out every now and again . Good times...:)

Maggie Zee said...

We had just ended a war and everything seemed possible ...