'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

spring cleaning ...

chinese bronze repro coin amulet necklace


I reworked another piece from last year that I just wasn't quite happy with.  I like it much better now.  It was a little too "cutesy" before, even if it's kinda on the heavy side now.

I've also started signing my work.  Someone bought one of my bracelets recently and is re-selling it, at a hugely inflated price, on her website.  Not like I have any control over what someone does with my stuff once it leaves my hands, but this just isn't sitting well with me.  Like it dilutes the energies I try to put into the piece.  So I bought a little battery operated engraving tool and I'm signing my pieces; "maggie zee" if there's enough room and "mz" if there isn't.

5 comments:

Marlene Brady said...

Good for you! A great idea to sign your work! Your pieces are original, beautiful and creative.

PipnMolly said...

Lovely connection. Lovely piece.
Bravo on signing your work. I have been signing my larger pieces but don't always find a place on smaller work that isn't obtrusive.
Initials might work on some.

Maggie Zee said...

Thank you. That's really nice of you to say. I should have been signing it all along, but I'm a slow learner.

Maggie Zee said...

Your work is so original, I think it would be recognized right away. I'm thinking about getting one of those microstamps made, if I can part with the $$$. Then I'd stamp a tag (which could be removed, I suppose).

Unknown said...

I love your work! It is so different and unique. I wanted to know where I can I purchase the chinese bronze repro coin amulet necklace?