'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Monday, March 18, 2013

grey skies


Grey skies - too cold to get the peas planted but perfect for photographing my latest pieces outdoors.

I've been home from the Land of Barbeque and Hush Puppies for a week now, missing my grandchildren terribly.  I found out that airport security doesn't seem to care how much wire and beads of all persuasions you've managed to pack into your carryon, as long as you have nothing in a liquid state, they are not interested.  And also - even though you've brought everything you thought you could possibly need, there will be some essential thing that's sitting on your worktable at home.

And then of course, there was this slight distraction:



Here are my latest offerings:


green man amulet necklace

close-up of green man
earth & bone charm bracelet
amethyst peace charm bracelet
the deer shaman's necklace
close-up of deer shaman's necklace

red jasper warrior's amulet necklace

close-up

2 comments:

Shel said...

All of your designs are just fabulous (as always!), especially the Deer Shaman's Necklace, but I can completely understand your 'slight distraction'; who wouldn't be w/that cute little face. I'm glad you got to enjoy her for awhile - they grow up way too quickly. On another note, I loved your comment about airport security and our beads/tools. I once had them take my crimping pliers away,...left me w/my super long, super sharp metal nail file and pearl knotting tweezers that even I puncture myself with! I guess they were more afraid I'd pinch someone do death w/my crimpers,...you know, as opposed to stabbing them,...

Maggie Zee said...


I'm still laughing picturing a wild jewelry artist waving her crimpers at a flight attendant! It's ridiculous, isn't it? I had checked all my tools in my big suitcase, but I had all kinds of weird stuff in my carryon. Somebody with a credit card sharpened enough to slice a tomato won't be even noticed. Oh well. I had given myself an extra half hour in case they needed to empty out my bag, but I'm just as glad they didn't. Thanks, Shel!!