'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

it's the end of the world as we know it ... and I feel fine

Well, the world didn't end.  There was no giant asteroid and the Invisible Planet Nibiru didn't blast the Earth out of existence.  The magnetic poles didn't reverse and flip us all into outer space or do whatever that calamity was supposed to do.  Dave and I didn't go food shopping the night before even though the cupboard was bare.  Who wants to waste their last night in a supermarket?  What's the point?

My unemployment insurance did end though.  Now I'm retired instead of "out-of-work".  It feels better somehow. I'm still one of the "47%", but now I'm not feeling guilty about it.

Blue Crystal Night Amulet Necklace by Maggie Zee on Etsy

The Diviner's Amulet by Maggie Zee

(detail)The Diviner's Amulet by Maggie Zee


It's hard to live every day as if it was your last if you're a born procrastinator.  I do have a special reason for being glad that the Earth did not end on the 21st and that is that I have a new granddaughter who is due to make her entry into the world on January 21st.  I would have hated not to have gotten to meet her.



I think she has my nose.




4 comments:

Gayle said...

Congratulations,I too think I see a resemblence between you and your lovely Izabel :)
Wishing you a lovely holiday season...

Maggie Zee said...

Thank you Gayle! I hope she has my blue eyes and her mother's curly hair. And I wish you health, prosperity, and above all, love in the coming year.

Tribalis said...

Wow!!You drooled when saw my jewelry and how about this festival of beauty over here?..:)

Maggie Zee said...

Well, there are a lot of incredible jewelry artists to gather inspiration from. Thank you for your kind words.