'The little space within the heart is as great as the vast universe. The heavens and the earth are there, and the sun and the moon and the stars. Fire and lightning and winds are there, and all that now is and all that is not.' -The Upanishads.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

In my hurry to get something posted last night, I left off the newest necklace. This one has Peruvian opal, Prehnite, green garnet, abalone, and mother-of-pearl.  There are two amulets attached:  a vintage one from Tibet that I think may be a bodhi seed and the little green dangle at the bottom that was carved by an Afghani refugee living in Turkey and looks like a bird or a bug to me.  Oh yes - and a copper Tibetan skull (I love these), a West African coin, and a triangular bronze bezel filled with a sequined sari fragment and topped with Ice Resin.



8 comments:

Numinosity said...

I like what I'm seeing here. I've always been so fond of using the bracelet shell pieces like that they add a nice dynamic I think.
Nice elements and good energy in this piece.
Nice to "meet" you!
xoxo Kim

Maggie Zee said...

Thank you Kim. It's so encouraging to get feedback from other artists.

stregata said...

Another wonderful necklace - my favorite color, too!
I have been enjoying your boards on pinterest, as well.
Renate

Maggie Zee said...

Thank you Renate and I'm enjoying following your boards too. You have a eye for especially beautiful things.

Kathy Van Kleeck said...

Just wanted to reciprocate and stop by and say HI and Thanks! Looks like we're both making cool jewels! Love all your jangly bits and collections of interesting elements and color combinations ... beautiful!

Kristin Casey said...

Your necklaces make me want to adorn myself in a way I never have before! I adore the horizontal line in this piece. I adore your work! Thank you!

Maggie Zee said...

Thanks Kathy. I appreciate your feedback!

Maggie Zee said...

Kristin! I adore you too! Do you wear your travel amulet necklace? It has adventurine in it you know - for the journey. It can be recharged under the next full moon if you need to raise the mojo level up a little too. Love you!